Welcome to 42 Now, the only site where you can play forty-two dominoes online from your browser.
42 is like a card game using dominoes with the twist that a domino can be two suits at once. This is what makes 42 such a challenging and entertaining game. One of the great things about this site is that you can learn how to play without spending a lot of time reading the rules because you can play against "bots" (computer controlled players) and the game won't let you make an incorrect bid or play. In fact, you can click on the "suggest" link and it will recommend the best bid or play for you.
If you already know how to play, jump into a game by clicking "Play" in the menu. No downloads or plugins are required so you can play 42 dominoes online right now.
No registration is required to play. If you want to see your name instead of "You" on the table or you'd like to try and make the "Top Players" list, then go ahead and register. It only takes a few seconds and we will not send you any emails or release your information to anyone.
RulesRefer to one of the following external sites for a detailed explanation of the rules and strategy:
- NEW Modified bot logic to prevent risky lead (like 50) back to bid-winning partner.
- Fixed problem preventing player registration.
- Fixed bone pile corruption problem resulting in duplicate dominoes.
- Fixed problem where low game ending would cause an error.
- Saving play data to the database. We hope to improve the play of the bots using this data over time.
- Reset game link which lets you clear a hung game. Hopefully you won't need this feature as we believe identified the problem that was causing hung games.
- Added Save Hand link which lets you play the hand again later from the Play|Hand page